Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Nite

Not many noteworthy movies make it to the Grand Theatre. Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakuel had a long run recently. This is typical of what you'll see up on the marquees of Main Street...


My point being that I haven't seen many movies in theaters of late-- a serious blow to my various and sundry movie candy addictions. Of those that I HAVE seen, two are in contention for the Oscar...

The botany on Pandora alone (hello, phosphorescence) was worth the price of admission to Avatar. For me and roughly a billion other people.

And I loved how the director kept killing off famous actors in the Hurt Locker.

An aside: I can't help but feel that something's off when I'm looking forward to travel because it opens up movie-going options... Crazy Heart is high on my list of destination films.

As for tonight's fashion commentary, I'm psyched to tune into the acerbic tongues behind Go Fug Yourself. Me likey.

No comments:

Post a Comment