Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Grand Opening

This is the way things were...


No more.

Lander's got a new Safeway-- FREAK OUT!!

The Grand Opening was yesterday and that shit was CRAZY! Lines of carts down every aisle. Parking lot overflowing. People throwing elbows at the olive bar. Mobs around the free samples. Neighbor after neighbor exclaiming, "This is amazing! I don't even know where to begin!" Tons of folks from the Rez.


I haven't seen a turn out like that in this town since Fourth of July and that holiday is our hands down specialty!


For a more thorough analysis of the situation, here's William Roth's take on the whole thing. I was too busy being impressed--

Food in a food desert!

I'm really excited about the pesto.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Anna! - long time lurker, first time commenter :) - The olive bar and the breads were my favorite part. And, kudos to their interior lighting designers.

    ReplyDelete