Monday, March 22, 2010

Back To Work

Gunning for my first paycheck in a month and a half has been both more gratifying and more challenging than I anticipated.

I will never be the person who says, "Gosh, I'm so bored. I can't WAIT to get back to work!" No sir. That said, it's been a total joy to work with WMI students again-- bearing witness to their burgeoning sense of empowerment and the relish with which they learn the skillz I have to teach is good fun. Not at all a bad way to pay the bills or afford that awesome 1970's track suit.

and (embracing paradox)...

I was a total fucking wreak the night I drove to Boulder and installed myself at the Best Western (
meltdown actually began after I crossed the border into Colorado). Turns out it's hard to drive away from home (a concept that, for me, embraced a landscape and a community and feels on the verge of expanding to include a guy, a house, and a car) and a life of leisure (the luxury of free time meant self care to infinity and beyond). Who knew? You probably did. I was surprised.

Turns out, eh?

P.S. I'm mainlining this song. Yup. That may constitute as a cry for help.

1 comment: