Monday, April 2, 2012

Looking Around



Recently, I feel like I've been drifting away from myself and my surroundings-- swinging towards introversion or introspection in a way that has me loosing touch with what delights me. I am excited to move in the other direction and engage with the world around me in ways that bring me back to my full strength. There's so much beauty to be experienced, yet it's been awhile since I consciously paid attention to cultivating that connection. It's high time I seek out marvels.


I've been reading The Bone People, a Maori tale of isolation and love, on Binkley's recommendation. With a nudge from Rathke, it's got my mind wandering in these directions-- tailing after the tang of salt water, the quickfade vibrancy of a caught fish, the raw center of a bivalve's brittle shell, the promise that things come into focus with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment