Friday, December 18, 2015

I Swallowed A Vaginal Suppository


Well, three actually.

I didn't know that vaginal suppositories were even a thing. It makes sense looking back, but at the time... 



The packaging was in Spanish and the doctor had prescribed four medications without so much as a physical exam. So I found myself juggling boxes in the early morning hours, swallowing pills with minimal thought and even less curiosity.

It occurred to me that I might want to have Evan present as the size of one the pills presented a choking hazard. That was a prime opportunity to hesitate and reexamine the situation, but no. I opted against adult supervision and was kinda proud when I didn't get the capsule stuck in my throat.

Three days later, I looked at the box again and noticed "via de administración: vaginal". And it finally dawned on me: I had inadvertently been downing vaginal suppositories. 

Oh my. 

What's a girl to do? 

Not much. Live and learn, I guess. And laugh.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment