Sunday, October 9, 2011

Not Giving An Ounce Of Fuck



Bukowski said, "There's a bluebird in my heart that wants to get out, but I'm too tough for him. I say, 'Stay in there. I'm not going to let anybody see you.' There's a bluebird in my heart that
wants to get out, but I'm too clever. I only let him out at night sometimes when everybody's asleep. I say, 'I know that you're there, so don't be sad.' Then I put him back, but he's singing a little in there. I haven't quite let him die and we sleep together like that with our secret pact and it's nice enough to make a man weep. But I don't weep, do you?"

I do.

Nin said, "The day comes when the risk to remain tight in a bud is greater than the risk it takes to bloom."

All of which would be greatly helped (the risk taking and the suffering alike) by adopting the following attitude when it comes to fear...


No comments:

Post a Comment