Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Abundance

I've begun eating fruits and vegetables. That's right-- veggies too.


This is what happens when you're almost 33 and you're me-- a revolution in your GI track. A number of factors have led me to finally embrace fresh plant matter as a viable food source:


1. Living with a veritable rabbit who munches on anything that's green and living like it's his job.


2. The advent of summer with its riotous gardens proclaiming, "Health!" Foremost among them is Annie's Butter Bean Greens-- a Northside outfit renown for its beetdowns, fresh-baked holler bread, and bicycle-delivered bounty.


3. Sandy, our wonderful local psychic, confirmed for me that my carbohydrates/fats/sugar diet wasn't working for my body. "Roughage," she said. "You need roughage."


4. As I aim to transition out of field work, I may have control of my diet for extended periods of time in the foreseeable future. This is exciting. Makes me want use my new-found power for good.


5. This food is simply too beautiful to ignore.


No --sigh-- these photos are not from Wyoming. The good people of Hither and Thither are kind enough to visit NYC farmers' markets and post droolworthy food shots for the rest of us.

See?

Us. That's you and me. Eating veggies.

It's a new world order.

No comments:

Post a Comment