Thursday, February 1, 2018

Devotionals




I. The sound of the moment is a pterodactyl call.

II. You have given your father the gift of song.

III. Grins turn your gray eyes into crescents.

IV. You follow each cluster of sneezes with a coo.

V. Your hands and feet run cold to the touch.

VI. Your belly button is both an innie and an outie.

VII. You are in cahoots with your great-grandmother.

VIII. Your lost eyelashes dust my chest.

IX. My hair twines between your fingers.

X. Your upset addressed, you regain repose.

XI. Your crevices are lint traps.

XII. You are a feast of delicacies.

XIII. Your finger nails grow astonishingly fast. 


Too often I assume an overfamiliarity with the world. I look away and forget the miracle of it all. I turn back and the sacred mystery washes over me once more. It is a wonder that attention is so hard to sustain.


No comments:

Post a Comment