Sunday, September 1, 2013

We Got Married. For Real.



(click on the pic for more photos et all)

Wow. 

I didn't grow up expecting to get married, so I think there was a part of me that arrived at the moment having never truly pictured myself there. 

Wow. 

It's safe to say I have never felt such sustained and unadulterated joy before in my life.

Wow. 

I was surprised to loose all sense of the larger event and to only be able to focus on what was immediately in front of me. An overwhelming amount of stimuli meant letting go of an awareness of what was happening around me in order to be fully present with the person or people I was with. 

Wow. 

I treasure the unexpected gift of my Nanna's strong presence and loving support throughout this transition in my life. Ironically (since my grandmother passed away a handful of years ago), I have never felt closer to her than I did during the months leading up to our wedding. 

Wow. 

It was humbling to have our friends and relations rally together on our behalf-- showing up for, setting up, and taking down our entire wedding. We didn't even realize the scope of their efforts until after the whole thing was a wrap. Thousands of light bulbs later, we owe the Freeds our firstborn child. 

Wow. 

I had no idea Rose's blessing was waiting for me in the wings. I am so grateful that she caught, held and cleansed me as I embarked on this new adventure.

Wow. 

I would never have anticipated the myriad ways the universe communicated to us that something noteworthy was afoot. 

Wow. 

For that and so many other things, I feel truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment