Sunday, December 5, 2010

Togwotee Drifting


Evan and a crew of friends came up to Jackson Hole (where I am currently teaching) to ski for the weekend. On the drive over, they coined the term Togwotee Drifting for a vehicle sliding over snow or ice. I love the way the phrase feels on my tongue-- blissfully lazy with a hint of mayhem underneath.


Free associating from there, I arrive at originals and knockoffs and how sometimes covers are better than the songs they copy and sometimes they're equally brilliant, but different. Which leads me by way of Amy Rathke to Katy Perry. You be the judge...

The original:



The knockoff:


Snoop Dogg dazzles me into a puddle from which I am unable to make decisions.

2 comments:

  1. More Snoop for the holidays:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ocre0kXgvg

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post dazzles me into a puddle from which I am unable to make decisions. A special nod to Matt Burke for introducing me to A Daily Life. Made my day.

    ReplyDelete